Refund invoices allow you to easily reflect refunds on your posted ROs by creating a negative invoice. This ensures your accounting and financial records around refund transactions are accurate and up to date.
Creating a Refund Invoice
Create a refund invoice by navigating to the Payments tab of a posted RO and selecting New Refund Invoice. Multiple refund invoices can be created for an individual RO.
Building a Refund Invoice
Building a refund invoice is very similar to building a job. You can add labor and part lines from the original RO or you can add them manually along with discount lines. Technician, service writer, and job category can also be assigned.
Line Item Recommended Usages
- Part Line - Refunding returned parts
- Labor Line - Refunding labor and labor hours need to be back flagged
- Part Discount Line - Discount on parts
- Labor Discount Line - Discount on labor and labor hours do not need to be back flagged
- Fee Discount Line - Discount on fees
- Technician - Assign tech if sales, hours, and commission need to be adjusted in reporting
- Service Writer - Assign SW if sales and commission need to be adjusted in reporting
- Job Category - Assign job category if category sales need to be adjusted in reporting
Sales tax rate is inherited from the original RO and the default checkbox configuration is inherited from shop settings. Currently, tire taxes are not supported.
Refund invoices can be printed. Printed invoice uses the Invoice transparency settings
- In Progress - refund invoice is open and unpaid
- Paid - refund invoice is closed and paid
Accessing Refund Invoices
Refund invoices can be accessed by navigating to the Payments tab of the original RO.
Creating a refund invoice and refunding payments are tied to the Payments permission
Refund invoices are sent to the BackOffice as a Repair Order with negative values. Their IDs are prefixed with 'ri-'.
Issuing Refund & Closing Invoice
Refund invoices are closed out (“posted”) once a full refund payment is made. This will post the invoice sales to reporting on the day the refund was paid. After a refund invoice is closed Technician and Service Writer can still be modified. A paid refund invoice can only be re-opened by voiding the refund payment.
Refund Payment Methods
Select any payment method to process the refund payment
Credit Card Refunds
For credit card refunds you have the option to manually enter a non-integrated refund, or you can select Original Payment, which will allow you to select from a list of integrated credit card payments from the original RO.
Refund Invoices are posted to reporting on the date the refund is paid and closed. Refund invoices flow into reporting like an RO with negative values.
Refund Invoices are reflected in the following reports:
|Shop Dashboard||Old Dashboard|
|Financial||End of Day|
|Financial||Sales by Job Category|
|Customer||Customer Lead Source|
Financial Report Tables
End of Day