Shops have the ability to manage all of the parts orders within the Orders Section of Tekmetric. Inside this section, you are able to:
Search for Parts Orders
Inside of the Parts Orders section of Tekmetric, you can search for your parts order by using the search bar. You can search orders by the following items:
- Repair Order Number
- Purchase Order Number
- Part Number
You can also filter the orders on the orders screen view by use the filters at the top. You can filter your parts orders by:
- Type: Repair Order or Stock
- Status: Ordered, Received, or Partially Received
Edit Parts Orders
Inside of the Parts Orders section, you can edit any of your parts you clicking anywhere on the order line. Within the part order you will click the edit pencil within order details, and then you will find that you can adjust the following fields:
- Purchase Order Number
- Invoice Number: if this order has two invoices associated with one purchase order, you can associate both of the invoices by simply entering a comma between the two invoice numbers as shown in the example below.
- Order Date and Time
- Invoice Date and Time
- Payment Method
- Tracking Number
- Any notes associated with the parts order
- Part information such as part name, part number, part brand, etc..
- The quantity of parts ordered
- The quantity of parts received
- The cost or core of items ordered
Mark Parts Orders Received
Within the parts orders screen you have the ability to mark your orders received or partially received.
In the case that you have only received a partial amount of the parts on your purchase order, you will need to mark the purchase order partially received. To mark a order Partially Received, you will complete the following:
- Click into the order from the orders screen
- Click the edit pencil on the ordered parts section at the bottom of the part order
- Enter the number of received parts in the box labeled "received"
- Click save
NOTE: If you click the "Mark Order Received" button at the bottom, Tekmetric will automatically mark all of the parts within that order received.
In the case that you receive an order will all of the parts , you will simply mark the entire order received. To mark a order Received, you will complete the following:
1. Click into the order from the order screen
2. Click the green Mark Order Received button at the bottom right corner of the order
NOTE: Once an entire order is Marked Received, it will be sent to QuickBooks via Accounting Link if your shop has The Back Office integration setup.
Manage Return Orders
When your mark a part to return from a repair order, you will complete the return within the return orders screen of the orders section of Tekmetric. The following steps outline how to manage a parts return:
1. You will navigate to the Return Orders screen within the orders section of Tekmetric.
2. You can filter your parts returns by vendor or part type (return or core) for your convenience.
3. Within the Parts to Return screen, you will select all of the parts that need to be returned to that particular vendor and click "Enter Return Order".
4. The Return Order Screen will then populate prompting you to enter the return order details. Here you can add any re-stocking or shipping fees associated with your parts return, and then click Save Return.
5. The part return will then move to the Refund Pending screen. Once you receive the refund from the vendor, you can then select the order and Mark the Refund Complete which will complete the refund process inside of Tekmetric.
NOTE: Once a return order is marked complete, it will be sent to QuickBooks via Accounting Link with the date that is tied to the refund date in Tekmetric, if your shop has The Back Office integration setup.