Each job on an RO in Tekmetric has the ability to be approved or declined separately from other jobs on the RO. Below you will find key effects of using the declined jobs functionality along with the differences between declined jobs and draft jobs.
Declined jobs are jobs that have the blue checkbox next to job title checked and have been declined by the customer when authorizing estimate.
- These are jobs that were presented to customers and specifically declined.
- Declined jobs are included in the close ratio calculation visible on the EOD report and the Shop Overview.
- Declined jobs are visible in the "Declined Jobs" report to re-market these.
- If a customer has the "Market to customer" checkbox un-checked in their customer profile, they will not appear in the Declined Jobs report.
- Once the RO containing declined jobs is posted; those declined jobs are visible in the job history section on any future ROs created for this vehicle.
- You can post an RO that has all jobs declined. Just go to the Payments tab within the RO and post. This will allow you to keep track of that history as opposed to putting in Saved for Later.
Oftentimes, your customers will decline some work due to financial concerns, time, or other reasons. In Tekmetric, we track every job that your customers decline in our declined jobs report. We highly recommend utilizing this report to contact customers to remind them of the service(s) they were recommended by previous visits.
Draft jobs are jobs that have the blue checkbox next to job title is un-checked.
- Draft jobs are not presented to the customer. If I un-check the box and send out an estimate, this job will not appear for decision. This is a great tool designed to be used if you want to get a decision on certain jobs but aren't ready to fully share other jobs with the customer to approve/decline.
- As you check and un-check jobs, the totals in the bottom gray bar are updated, making this a great tool to quickly quote the all in cost to the customer if they want to pick and choose different options.
- Once the RO containing draft jobs is posted; those jobs are visible in the job history section on any future ROs created for this vehicle. (great for using as a recommended jobs list for next time the customer is in).
- Not included in the Declined Jobs report to re-market
- Not included in the close ratio calculation.