Tekmetric has developed a robust Parts Purchased Report to aid in the parts reconciliation process.
Why do this?
- Ensure all parts actually ordered were entered into Tekmetric.
- Ensure all relevant data is entered correctly (i.e. invoice number, date, amounts) so that accounting records are accurate.
Best Practice Process:
- Each time parts are marked received, the below window pops-up. This is where the employee should enter the invoice# on the paper invoice and the date so that there are no timing discrepancies. This can also be adjusted later on the order details page if missed. This is going to populate in the Parts Purchased Report and set the stage for the reconciliation process.
- Each day/week/month, a designated person/team at the shop collects all the physical paper invoices received for the day and compares them to Parts Purchased report. You can use the "Part Status" filter to view only "received" parts, as well as sort this report by date, group by RO, Invoice, PO, etc... depending on your preference for which is the easiest.
- If any invoices or orders were missed, they need to be entered on the RO (so the customer correctly gets billed), or as a stock order if applicable.
- If any details were entered incorrectly, you'll need to go to the order details page for that order and make the necessary changes.
PRO TIPS: If you group by Vendor, your totals here should in theory match the statements you got from vendors if all orders, returns and payments methods were entered correctly.