BG Products is a company committed to maintaining vehicles through high quality automotive maintenance services for fuel systems, engines, transmissions, brakes, and more. BG Products offers some of the best lubricants and cleaning fluids on the market, which is why we’ve partnered with them to make it easier for auto repair shops to sell BG products through branded BG Canned Jobs within Tekmetric.
This article will go over how to:
- Update to the Latest BG Canned Jobs
- Integrate BG Canned Jobs
- Customize BG Canned Jobs to fit your shop
- Adding BG Canned Job to Repair Order
- Lifetime Warranty Plan
Update to the Latest BG Canned Jobs
On June 14, 2023, Tekmetric updated the list of available BG Canned Jobs in the system.
- If you don't have any BG Canned Jobs previously enabled, skip down to the Integrate BG Canned Jobs section.
- If you do have BG Canned Jobs enabled already, continue reading this section to learn more.
During the release, your existing BG Canned Jobs setup was NOT changed automatically - everything you had in place before the release is still available. Tekmetric wants you to make the conscious decision to update BG Canned Jobs when you are ready.
You will see info banners in several places throughout the app that let you know that updated BG Canned Jobs are available (see below):
- Banner on the top of the Canned Jobs table
- Banner at the top of the page within each BG Canned Job that’s currently enabled
- Banner at the top of the Integrations page
- Banner within the BG Canned Jobs integration card
If you select “Update” in any of the banners or select “Manage” within the integration card, you will see a warning modal that describes how the update process will work.
After selecting “Continue” in the above modal, you will see the BG Canned Jobs Integration modal. Important: Once you select these canned jobs and save, you will lose access to your previous BG Canned Jobs. If you need to keep your old BG Canned Jobs for reference, please do so before this step (see "FAQs" section below for details).
After saving, you will have access to the new BG Canned Jobs within the Canned Jobs section of Tekmetric! If necessary, you'll need to go into each newly enabled job and adjust labor rates, part pricing, source with inventory items, and make any other customizations you'd like.
Will the customizations I made to my current BG Canned Jobs carry over to the new versions?
No, once you select and save any of the 23 new versions of the BG Canned Jobs, you will lose access to the older versions of the BG Canned Jobs, including any that were enabled in your shop.
Is there a way to maintain the old versions of the BG Canned Jobs to use as a reference when I begin to edit and customize the new versions?
Yes, you can take the following steps to maintain a reference version of the old BG Canned Jobs. Do these steps before updating to the new versions:
- Create a “dummy” repair order
- Add any BG Canned Jobs you want to keep for reference to the repair order
- Update to the new version of the BG Canned Jobs (this will not affect the “dummy” repair order)
- You will be able to reference the old versions of the BG Canned Jobs on the “dummy” repair order whenever needed
- Once you no longer need to reference the old versions, you can delete the “dummy” repair order
You can also simply take screenshots of old BG Canned Jobs and save those images or use other copy and paste methods with the help of tools outside of Tekmetric (Word, Excel, etc.).
Integrate BG Canned Jobs
- Click the Shop Settings section on the bottom of the left menu bar.
- Click the tab INTEGRATIONS
- Click "MANAGE" in the BG Canned Jobs integration box.
- A window will appear and you will select any BG Canned Jobs you'd like to enable for your shop to use. Once you select the canned jobs, click "SAVE." Keep in mind that you might need to delete or adjust other canned jobs that overlap with these new pre-loads.
Customize BG Canned Jobs
- Click the 'Canned Jobs' section on the bottom of the left menu bar.
- Click into the BG Canned Job you have activated.
- Click the edit pencil icon on the top right of the BG Canned Job, and edit whatever you would like.
- Once you are done editing, click "SAVE."
NOTE: To differentiate between your canned jobs and the BG Canned Jobs, you will see the BG logo next to the canned job title (see example below).
Adding BG Canned Job to Repair Order
Adding a BG Canned Job onto the repair order is the same workflow as adding one of your existing canned jobs.
- Navigate to the Estimate section of the RO
- Click the blue BUILD ESTIMATE button, then click "Add a Canned Job"
- In the window that appears, you will select the BG Canned job(s) you integrated
- Once you are done selecting the canned job(s), click Add Jobs.
Lifetime Warranty Plan
When you add the BG Canned Job, it will automatically add the BG Lifetime Protection warranty plan (as a PDF link) to the estimate and invoice.
NOTE: It will show up in both, the digital links and the PDF versions of the estimate and invoice.
Where to find warranty protection plan within the link:
Where to find warranty protection on PDF version (last page):
Please note, BG requires their warranty plan to be printed with their canned jobs; and so, you can not "turn off" the warranty plan from being printed.