We find that with older shop management systems, employees use the same login and oftentimes, technicians don’t interact with the SMS at all. In Tekmetric, there is value in each employee having their own account.
By adding employees, this will start the process of enhancing communication between your employees:
- Technicians are able to perform digital vehicle inspections on the vehicles assigned to them, see what vehicle in the shop needs to be prioritized, the status of the vehicle, and so on.
- The front of the house can be quoting your customers and have a quick glance to see which tech has availability next, without needing to walk to the back and pull a tech from under a vehicle to ask.
- As a shop owner, you’ll also be able to monitor and see what is going on in your shop, whether from your office, from home, or even on your cell phone’s browser. Individual login accounts help create more accountability and traceability for who did what in the shop.
- Activity tracking per employee will allow you to analyze which levers to pull and where you can coach your employees on where to improve.
Be sure that you have created accounts for each of your employees – but don’t stop there, take advantage of all our training resources to make sure each employee is getting the most out of Tekmetric. To get started, please continue reading below.
Add a New Employee
1. Click the Employees section on the bottom of the left menu bar.
2. Click the blue ADD EMPLOYEE button on the top right corner.
3. Fill in the following required fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
4. Click the blue "CONTINUE" button on the bottom right corner.
5. Select the Employee Role for the employee you are adding.
- Permission defaults are based off the role selected. If you change this field for an employee, it will update their permissions, so we recommend reviewing permissions.
6. Select Payroll Type.
- Salary - this employee gets paid an annual salary regardless of actual hours assigned and/or worked.
- Flat Rate - this employee gets paid a flat hourly wage for actual labor hours assigned and completed.
- Hourly Rate - employee is paid based on his/her time in the shop.
7. "Can perform work" box - by checking this box, the employee will appear in the "Assign Technician" drop down menu when building a job.
8. Add a certification number.
9. Click the blue SAVE EMPLOYEE button.
NOTE: An invite will be sent to the Employee's email. He/She has 24 hours to activate their Tekmetric Account before the link expires. If the link expires, click "CLICK HERE" on the blue banner on the top of the "Employee info" table.